Section 9-3-3: Stopping Or Parking Prohibited In Certain Specified Places
(a) Except temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading or in receiving or discharging passengers or property and while the vehicle is attended by a licensed operator so that it may be moved promptly in case of an emergency or to avoid obstruction of traffic, no person shall at any time park or leave standing any vehicle:
(1) Within an intersection
(2) On a crosswalk
(3) On a sidewalk or terrace area, except when parking in such place is clearly indicated by official traffic signs. "Terrace or sidewalk area" means that area between the sidewalk and the nearest curb line running parallel or generally parallel thereto or in the absence of a sidewalk ten (10) feet beyond the curb line
(4) Alongside or opposite any highway excavation or obstruction when such stopping or standing would obstruct traffic or when pedestrian traffic would be required to travel in the roadway
(5) On the roadway side of any parked vehicle unless double parking is clearly indicated by official traffic signs or markers
(6) Within twenty (20) feet of the driveway entrance to a fire station
(7) Upon any portion of a highway where and at the time when stopping or standing is prohibited by official traffic signs indicating the prohibition of any stopping or standing
(8) In any place or manner so as to obstruct, block or impede traffic
(9) Within ten (10) feet of a fire hydrant, unless a greater distance is indicated by an official traffic sign or yellow painted curb
(10) Upon any portion of a highway where at the time when parking is prohibited, limited, limited or restricted by official traffic signs.
(11) Upon any bridge
(12) Upon any street or highway within the city limits any vehicle which faces a direction different from the direction of normal traffic flow for the lane of traffic in which said vehicle is stopped or standing
(13) Upon any terrace or sidewalk at any time
(14) In a loading zone
(15) Within four (4) feet of the entrance to an alley, private road or driveway
(16) In any municipal park when said park is closed to the public
Section 9-3-8: Winter Time Parking Regulations
(a) Parking on all city street is prohibited during the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. from November 15th through April 1st.
Section 9-3-9: Parking Of Vehicles Over 15,000 Pounds Or 16 Feet Restricted
(a) No person owning or having control of any truck, trailer, truck power unit, tractor, bus or recreation vehicle in excess of fifteen thousand (15,000) pounds gross weight, or over sixteen (16) feet in length, or having an enclosed area of a height more than eight (8) feet from the roadway, shall park the same upon any street, avenue or public way other than a routed State Trunk Highway in any residential district between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The provisions of this subsection shall not be deemed to prohibit the lawful parking of such equipment upon any street, avenue or public way in the city for the actual loading or unloading of goods, providing, however, the "loading" and "unloading," as used in this section, shall be limited to the actual time consumed in such operation.